Williams 1970 50th Reunion - July 31 - Aug. 3, 2022.
President Lou Buck's Welcome Message
Here are the pictures from our fabulous 50th + 2 Reunion. And, so far as we know, no one got COVID.
- 7/31/22 - Arrival!
- 7/31 - Williams Rocks
- 7/31 - Wine Fete
- 8/01 - Hike - Hopkins Forest
- 8/01 - Firetruck Pizza Lunch
- 8/01 - Presidential Dinner
- 8/02 - Kazoo & Pianica Parade!
- 8/02 - Group Pics - Chapin
- 8/02 - Alumni Mtg. - Chapin
- 8/02 - Lunch: LaSell Gym
- 8/02 - Haystack Memorial
- 8/02 - Free Time Activities
- 8/02 - Rock 'N Roll Dinner!
- 8/03 - Farewell Brunch - Faculty House
- 1970 50th Reunion Photo Gallery from the College. Maybe 200 pics? Yes, you can download the ones you like.
- Video: 1970 50th Class Meeting
- Video: 1970 50th Reunion Seminar by Charlie Ebinger '70 (No kidding: Charlie is brilliant. This is really worth watching.)
Special thanks to all who were so generous with their pictures, including but not limited to Usha Burns, Cynthia and Kevin Sullivan, John and Jean Hitchins, Jim Rubenstein, Fred Eames, Liz Berens, Ted May, Jack Murray, Bill Wadt, Larry Hollar, Gerry Stoltz,
- Williams' Coronavirus Update Page.
- Strike Update! Williams Record Writes New Article on May, 1970, Strike. Quotes Jim Lobe, '70, Bob Katt, '70,
Read President Maud Mandel's March 11, 2020 message on Williams' new Coronavirus web site.
Destination Williamstown: Weekly Listing of Events in the Williamstown area. https://destinationwilliamstown.org/
50th Reunion Testimonials - First-Time Reunion Attendees from '68, '69 tell us about returning to Williams after 50 years.
Reunion Details. Visit often as rescheduling plans unfold.
Update your Profile with pictures and bios ("Activities") at Reconnect By... View
Compare demographics for 1970, 2017 classes.
Resources, Articles, History.
- Get Back into Williams: Resources, History
- GUL '70 Yearbook,
- Freshman Facebook,
- Williams Record, more!
New Directions in Education: Explore and discuss the Class of '70's contributions to Williams' diversity, democracy, coeducation, and social change.
Protest and Change:
50th Class Gift: Curricular Excellence and Innovation.
- 1970 Faculty List;
- 1969 Catalog;
- Williams Record; Picture Galleries, 66-70;
- Resources Page.
Families Gallery> If you'd like to have a picture of your family included in this slide show, please email your picture to Ray Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News: June, 2020
- July 9, 2020: Next Zoom Meeting: July 9, 2020, 5:00 p.m. EST: Williams in Fall, 2020: Decisions, Impact. Contact Ray Kimball to get on the Zoom Invitation List.
- Zoom Reunion, June 11-12, 2020: Speakers on Coronavirus, State of Economy Brief Over Ninety (90) Classmates at Zoom Reunion Class Meeting, June 11, 2020
Who's Attending? Pics; History; (Pls. add more!)
no images were found
Profile: Peter Thorp
Peter Thorp, ’70, founded and leads Gashora Girls Academy of Science and Technology in Rwanda – a school “that…bring(s) together as broad a socio-economic profile of girls as possible, a vital vision given the ethnic violence of the 1994 genocide.” The school, located about an hour outside the capital Kilgali...
Preston Washington '70 Honored
July, 2018: New York City has honored Bishop Preston Washington '70 by renaming West 115th St., NYC, "Bishop Preston R. Washington, Sr Place." For further details, see Preston Washington Honored by New York City.
Our special thanks to Cliff Robinson, '70, for bringing this to our attention.
About The Class
News! About 200 of you (83%) contributed to the 2017-18 College Annual Fund. So you'll all come to Reunion to celebrate and reconnect, yes? See Alumni Fund Achievements.
1970: Last all-male class. Compare Admissions 1970 & 2017.
-- About 30 women entered our class under the 12-college exchange program.
-- Then and Now shows how 1960's admission reforms led to today's "multiverse."
-- Use Reconnect By... to find classmates and update your profile and info.
--In Memorium: Add your insights and remembrances.
--Reunion offers time to re-connect with our classmates, including those who we may not have known well before.
For the larger picture, see "Universal Thoughts."
Bill Coyle's Portraits - New Sept. '18!Bill Coyle's Washington - Bill Coyle, '70 has "an eye"for humor, detail, color, depth, and the unusual shot. Here's the first of Bill's galleries. We'll be changing them periodically, so check back often. If you also would like to be featured, please contact me at email@example.com. Visit Bill's extensive Flickr site.
Who’s Attending 50th Reunion?
Top Who Are These Classmates? Answers Revealed Who’s Attending the 50th Reunion, July 31 – August 3, 2022? Here’s an updated attendee list, with recent pics, accurate as of July […]
Rodney Dow Rodney Henri Dow passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 27, 2022, after a brave year with aggressive cancer at the age of 74. Devoted husband to the late […]
Ron Clark passed away after a long illness on December 22, 2021. According to Ron’s daughter, Logan, her father had experienced chronic health problems over the past few years eventually […]