Fundamentally, the 50th Reunion celebrates our 70 years on an Earth 4.2 billion years old, which may have only 3-4 billion left before the Andromeda Galaxy collision, or, if you believe in global warming, may be inhabitable for only 1000 years before our successors ship to Mars. See Universal Thoughts.
Average life expectancy of male born 1948.
We live within a Universe of unlimited size and power.
- Celebrate 70 years living in a boiling pot of black holes 13.8 billion years old,
- Sip wine to solar system of 4.6 billion years,
- Living on a a rock which has maybe 5 billion years left before the Red Giant sun’s corona destroys the Earth.
- Or which may have only 4 billion years left before Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies collide and hurl the Earth out of the Universe during the collision’s chaos….
- Or unless within the next 1,000 years Earth becomes too hot for life, and our successors ship to Mars.
And someone’s throwing us a big party? Sign me up!
So, fundamentally, we’re celebrating our survival and common bonds. We’re here, but sixteen-percent (16%) of our comrades have passed on. See In Memorium.